Friday, January 11, 2013

Honestly

I spoke to my former coach the other day, and realized that I wanted to have a plan, something to tell her I was pursuing, because I wanted her to be happy with me. I told her I was moving towards photojournalism and columns, or some such combination like that. As I was saying it, I felt like a liar, a little. I AM interested in that, but I spoke of it as if I knew for sure. I think I shall indeed move in that direction, if not just to move in some direction, but I don't know if that's what I want to do for certain. I know you don't have to be certain, either. I just wish I was a little more honest. Besides, she wouldn't have been upset at me or anything. I put that notion of mine onto her.

Which brings me to my point of the day: being honest about where you are, what interests you, what you're doing, what you want to do is a very good thing. Be honest with yourself and with others. There will be people who, basically, whether they mean to or not, shoot you or your ideas down. They probably have very good intentions, wanting you to make more money or do something that seems much more secure, but don't take it personally. Focus on God and what He has put into you and pushes you toward. Because that's where you're supposed to be. Hey, maybe it'll end up being something that people expect more than what you thought. But if you're where God wants you to be, you're where you fit in your side of the puzzle, and that's where you will be happy, no matter if it's "secure", pays well, or is a commonplace job title or not.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how we tend to perceive ourselves in how we think others perceive us. It is important to be true to yourself and focus on where you are in the moment. Given time, honesty and focus, everything falls into place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very true, even if we think we're past that!

    ReplyDelete